Sunday, March 4, 2012

CEP 812 - Leadership Project - Final

Our group used Jing to record the Google Presentation and posted it online through a screencast. This was the most simple to record a screen while recording audio as well. The only problem is that the basic Jing only lets your record for 5 minutes. 

I learned that Google Docs and Vyew are great tools to use to collaborate for group projects. IT made it easy to break up the parts and show all the different features of Weebly. However, it is always difficult to find time to meet and discuss with others with busy schedules.


If I had to develop a similar product, I would have had a universal recording with one speaker recording the entire presentation. The three different screencasts made it choppy and each person had a different tone. Also, we would have used the Google Docs from the beginning to create our storyboard.

Screencast 1: Intro to Weebly and Basic Features
Screencast 2: Adding Files and Videos
Screencast 3: Advanced Features

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.


Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,

    Good explanation of the advanced features. Have you every utilized the blog tool? I have not, but I wonder how effective that is...? The online poll seems like a powerful tool if used appropriately.

    For some reason, your embedded videos were acting up...I don't know if it was my computer, or if there was something funky with the embed code. I was only able to watch one video on your blog. Oddly enough, I could view a different screencast on each group members' blog...

    Although I don't mind the, "divide and conquer" approach, it would have been a good idea to create a separate location for all of the screencasts. That way, you could share the website (or wiki, or whatever) with other people (as opposed to sharing your blog). Just my thoughts... :)

    The final presentation came together nicely, yet, the collaboration was hit or miss. I'll agree that online collaboration can be difficult at times, however, the effort you put forth, and the flexibility you demonstrated should have been better. You were often on different pages. In an accelerated program it is essential to work more cohesively.

    Thank you for your work with Weebly.

    ReplyDelete